Saturday, December 10, 2011

Math Power Towers




The favorite multiplication game in Room 210 continues to be Power Towers.  I made these back in September and they still get used every day.  The children pull out a cup, answer the fact and stack.  They are getting very creative with their towers.

All you need are some empty Pringles cans and plastic Solo bathroom cups.  The original post used paper cups and I did not think they would last.  I did the 6, 7, 8 and 9 tables. (40 cups per can)  They can be made for any math skill.

I got the idea from Pinterest.  One document is for reading and the other is math.  Here is the link to the original post:
http://mrsgilchristsclass.blogspot.com/search/label/Math


Click photo to open document

Happy Stacking!

4 comments:

  1. awesome idea! Do you have the answer inside the cup for a self check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through a Pinterest pin and I am your newest follower! I love the math power towers by the way.

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete