My focus for my students is to maintain/or improve their GMADE math stanines from the fall to the spring. My professional goal is to implement strategies to improve the area of math.
Here are some things I have implemented during the school year to meet my goals:
- New math curriculum aligned to the Common Core
- Guided Math groups 2x a week (flexible grouping)
- Fact Fluency Practice- home and in class (2x a week)
- Fact Fluency Checks- daily in the beginning, now 2x a week
- Problem of the Day
- Pre/Post Tests to drive instruction and develop grouping
Now I have to collect evidence to demonstrate the teaching standards and my goals. Blogging is a great way to demonstrate the ways I meet all the standards.