Here are some things that my fourth graders have been doing this year in Room 210:
I bought a poster at the Dollar Tree, cut and laminated
I was awarded a grant in the fall from MEF, Marlborough Education Foundation. They are a independent, community-based, non-profit corporation that raises funds for new programs and educational resources. My grant was for the Ellison Dies of the 5 United States Regions and the states of Alaska and Hawaii. I am in the process of creating some games with them. The children will use the cut outs to label and include in their scrapbooks. A big THANK YOU to all the people who work hard to raise the funds!
Tacky Tourist Day
- Kick off for our unit (could be an end of the year celebration)
- Dress up like a tourist visiting anywhere in the United States
- We danced to "Party in the USA"
- Took Pictures for out scrapbooks
Social Studies Alive
- text book
Five Regions of the United States: 5 complete units
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jill-Russ (well worth $22)
- 5 study guides
- 5 printable texts (I printed and put in binders to save)
- 5 scrapbook pages
- 5 anticipation guides
- 5 tests
States and Capitals
- Little Man on the Map- AWESOME book to teach location of the states!!!!
- Bingo http://www.teachersclubhouse.com/socialstudies.htm#unitedstates
- Connect Four http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/States-Capitals-Connect-Four-Printable-Color-Geography-Game
- Concentration http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/States-and-Capitals
- Pick Up States http://mrshallfabulousinfourth.blogspot.com/2011/12/pick-up-states.html
US Postcard Exchange
- I found a group on http://www.proteacher.net/ over the summer. We ended up with 42 states.
- Here is my bulletin board as of February 29th (I need to connect cards to states with colored yarn)