We finally started school last week and we had students for three days. The kids spent the week adjusting to their new school and classmates. This week, I will be starting science class this week with my two fifth grade classes. I can finally start taking photos and post things happening in the science classroom!
Day One: Setting up Notebooks
- Science notebook covers
- Science Interest Inventories
- Making table of contents in front/vocabulary bank in back
Day Two: Think like a Scientist
- Looking at science photos (printed photos from the web)
- Creating science talk sentences and questions and share
Day 3: What is a Scientist?
- Brainstorm "What is a scientist?" (talk about stereotypes)
- Read "S is for Scientist"
- Create list of verbs that scientists do
Day 4: Working as a Team