Here is what I have been working on...
1. Start cleaning early...I choose a wall or section to clean and organize every day. It takes me about 6 days to do this. Try to weed things out as you go. I moved grades this year and want to weed materials that I didn't use.
3. Keep a Back to School Folder. I work summer camp for three weeks and I try to get my copying done then. I will bring the folder home and organize it as a summer project. I keep all my opening activities, housekeeping sheets and first units in my subjects.
4. Draw a layout or take pictures of your room before you pack up. I put my pictures on the front board so the custodians put my furniture back in place. It isn't always perfect but it helps.
5. Get your September bulletin boards ready now. Cover them up for the summer with paper. I love fadeless black paper and it lasts forever!!! (I only change it when needed) I use boards that don't change much during the year; calendar, CAFE, reading themes, Postcards from United States and a Science Board.
6. Create a List of Summer Projects and write them down! I have started gathering materials and books that I will need this summer. I put them in a bin so they will make it home. I actually joined this Linky Party to get me started.
What do you do to close up your room
that will help out in the Fall?